Saturday, April 10, 2010

God is Good All the Time!

Well all, this is Nina. I'm on trip number three with our son Christian and we are so blessed that Harlan was able to get off work to join us this year for the annual trek to the DR to be His hands and feet. I cannot express in words how God takes a hold of your heart in this place. It is primitive in many respects compared to our US sensibilities; but with that simplicity comes so much. The business of our American way of life fades away as you do and re-do the simple tasks required of us in construction. It's amazing how much one can reflect while tying re-bar. (What's that you ask...well we can tell you all about it when we come home....) Perhaps even more amazing is how all the kids are when they "unplug." No phones. No texting. NO iPods. NO TV. But there's chatting and laughing around the breakfast and dinner table as they play rousing games of "Egyptian Rat Slap" or "spoons." (Those are card games in case you don't know.) They all learned a new game (and I'm sure I will spell this incorrectly) called "bottilla" -- basically a bottle cap and a stick" palyed with baseball rules. They all played with great heart w/ Bienvo's crew after the last day of work....in the rain... I might add...Today it was three-on-three basket ball w/a group of boys from the afternnon children's ministry. What a wonderful thing to watch our children grow in self and in Christ. I could go on and on (but oh I already have...) It's just so wonderful and we thank each and every one of you for your prays and support in this Mission. I encourage one and all to step out of your comfort zone and join us sometime! Dios te Bendiga (did I spell that right Will and Audrey?)-- God loves you, Nina

No comments: