Monday, April 14, 2008

Demon Toilets and Hot Dogs

On Sunday we went to Gabriel, the pastor who started GO Ministries, church. This was about one block down from the dorm where we stay. This was a great experience to participate in a differnt cultures worship. Their worship is very similar to our format, except that it is in spanish and they play their music very loud. During the service Tim, another missionary with GO, gave a wonderful sermon/testimony about the birth of his daughter Zoey.
After church we started the hour and a half drive to Puerto Plata where the resort was at. When we arrived the resort was amazing and the beach was wonderful. It was refreshing to finally eat some American food, even though they don't do it justice down here. The rooms were amazing with this wonderful invention called air conditioning. The rest that night was wonderfull except for the toilet in me, Brock, and Jonny's room. At about 3 am we woke up to the sound of are toilet exploding. It continued to try and kill us with it's demon growls for the next 10 minutes. Who knew toilets were so violent.
Today at the beach we went to the public area to shop and were intoduced to the world of hagling. One of Brock's conversations went a little something like this
"This hat is normally 1800 peso's. What price do you think I should give it to you for?"
"Um, 400 peso's."
"OK, becasue I like you I'm going to give it to you for 800 peso's"
"I'm sorry, I don't have that much."
"OK, 500 peso's"
"I DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH."
"OK, because I like you I give it to you for 400 peso's."
"That what I said in the beginning!"
After this Brock went on to the beach without putting on sunscreen for the next four hours. What a hot dog.

Tommorow we will be leaving at 5:15 am for the airport. Pray for safe travels on the way home and we will see you soon.

No comments: