Saturday, March 31, 2007

God Is Here In a Big Way

Hello family,

We read in a book I brought that missionaries must know that they don't have to take God places. He is already there and they just need to open their eyes. Boy have we seen God here this week in so many places and ways. I have so much to share with you when I get back home. I wish you were all here with me, as I know you would fall in love with the Dominican people as we have. I have tons of pictures and even though Ellis thought 500 would be enough, I only have 110 left.

Today we went to the Hole which is the poorest part of the city. We went to the feeding center there. The children just come running to you. A couple of times I started to choke up but prayed for God to give me strength and not let them see me cry. They are so happy to see Americanos. Before the feeding center we went to another church and put on a play about Jesus being nailed to the cross and then the resurrection. I wish you could have seen their faces. We then passed out one Easter egg with jelly beans and a Bible verse in each egg and handed out the "Jesus Loves Me" blankets that our precious St. John's VBS kids made. What a treat for them. You made them happy. Our team was proud of what our kids did for these kids!!

I cannot say enough about the "GO Ministry" and the staff here. They all have such hearts for God and it makes me feel good knowing the family that Will and Audrey have found here in this ministry, are such loving servants. Everything is so organized, and the wonderful thing about this ministry is the way they strive to make the Dominican people own these ministry programs to better their lives and the lives of their people.

Well I need to get ready for dinner. You all would be envious Ellis and Miles, as we have beans and rice everyday. And this wonderful chicken dish that I will prepare for you when I get home. Yes Ellis, I am going to cook for you for once!

Loving and missing all of you, Mom (Tara)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone! Finally figured this out, hope it works and gets to you. Been so nice talking to Jennifer, Will and of course, Scott to hear of what is going on there...then to read it and feel more of the emotions in the words, how awesome. I have to admit, I forgot this site was available until tonight. We are staying busy here, time is flying by. Working on tying up loose ends on Kid's Kloset and getting all the money out...including $3000 to Will and Audrey!! Isn't that wonderful? From the sound of things, it will be money extremely well spent...

Hi every body!!! how is it going!!! it's Liz!! hope you guys are having a great time!! i have been praying that you guys are having the time of your life!! Can't wait to you guys again!!! Love you Daddy!!!

Look forward to the next update. Enjoy the warm weather, it will be getting cold again here when you get back! Take care, love and prayers to each of you. Take care of my Scott, he is quite the construction guy as I am sure you know by now! Lynn

Anonymous said...

Tara, I am so thrilled you are loving every minute of your experience. We know they all are blessed to have you in their lives as we have always been. Your love for mankind and God truly is an inspiration for all of us. I miss you and looking forward to your sharing pics and stories. Love Mom